HPPSC Administrative Service Syllabus And Exam Pattern 2018
HPPSC Exam Pattern:
There is going to be three stages in the HP administrative Services Combined Competitive Exam such as:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam and
- Preliminary Examination:
There are supposed to be two papers of objective type in the Preliminary Examination. The questions are going to be based on Multiple Choice Answers on the topics like:
The paper I: General Studies (200 Marks) – 100 Questions will be included in this subject.
Paper II: Aptitude Test (200 Marks) – 100 Questions will be included in this subject.
HPPSC Exam Syllabus of Study for Preliminary Examination:
HPPSC Exam Paper I: General Studies
There are going to be question asked from the following tittles :
- Current Affairs of National and International Importance
- Art & Culture
- Socio-Economic Development of Himachal Pradesh
- Environmental Issues relating to Bio Diversity and Climate Change
- Indian Polity and Governance and General Science
HPPSC Exam Paper II: Aptitude Test
This will include of the topics as follow:
- LR and Analytical Ability
- Decision-Making and Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability
- Interpersonal Skills
- Basic Numeracy
- Comprehension-Based Questions
- Data Sufficiency and Data Interpretation of Class 10th level
- Main Examination:
The candidates who manage to qualify the Preliminary Exam can then attempt for the Main Exam which is going to be about 20 times of the total number of vacancies seats. The candidates will not be issued separate call letters for the Mains Examination.
- Viva Voce
The candidates will be called for the Viva Voce test after they had qualify the Main Exam. They will be three times the total number of vacancies
Selection Procedure of HPPSC Exam:
The candidates would be finally selected on the basis of their combined marks got in the Mains Examination and Viva Voce. The marks of the Preliminary Exam are not going to be counted for the short listing candidates in the final merit list.
HPPSC Exam Admit Card
HP PSC (The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission) regularly organizes numerous examinations for different vacant posts in the Governmental departments of the state. The registered aspirants can have help from the details as following for obtaining their admit card of examination.
- Individuals are firstly supposed to refer the official announcement and visit the same.
- There, check out a link indicated as- “HPPSC Admit Card” and select the same.
- Now, you will be able to view a new page asking for your details, fill them.
- Press the enter button.
- Retain a hard copy for future reference.
Paper Pattern of HPPSC Exam :
This paper (paper- 1)is going to be of 200 marks, where 100 questions are going to be of objective type with multiple choice questions. Although, Paper- 2 is going to be Aptitude Test of Code No.: 02. This paper (paper- 1) will consist of 200 marks, where 100 questions are going to be of objective type with multiple choice questions.
Compulsory Subject (English) Syllabus:
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi
- Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in the same language
- Composition (idiom, corrections, etc.)
HPPSC Exam Paper-1:
This paper will include the topic from :
- political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Currents events of national and international importance
- Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- General science
- Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.;
- Indian polity and governance – Constitution political system. Panchayati Raj. Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.;
- General issues on environmental ecology
- bio-diversity and climate Change
HPPSC Exam Paper- 2 (Aptitude Test)
To qualify this paper you need to have:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills: Comprehension;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
- General mental ability: Decision-making and problem-solving: Basic numeracy ( numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level).
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)