West Bengal Police Recruitment 2018 WB 5702+ Lady SI & Constable
West Bengal Police Recruitment
|Organization name||West Bengal Police Recruitment Board|
|Post name||Lady SI & Constable|
|Number of vacancy||5702+|
|Last date to apply||Check Below|
WB Vacancy Details:
Constables and Sub-Inspector/Lady Sub inspector: 5702+ Vacancies
Qualification and Age Details for West Bengal Police Vacancy:
|Post name||Qualification Required||Age Criteria (in Years)|
|Constables||Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent||18-27|
|Sub-Inspector/Lady Sub inspector||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or its equivalent.||20-27|
The Upper-age limit shall be relaxed for the SC/ST candidates only by 05 years and OBC candidates only by 03 years. The upper age limit is also relaxable for the Ex-servicemen, NVF and Home Guards Personnel as per existing Government Rules.
Salary Details for West Bengal Police Constables Vacancy
Candidates who will be selected for West Bengal Police Constables Recruitment shall be able to receive Pay Scale of Rs. 5,400 – 25,200/- (i.e. Pay Band-2) + Grade Pay Rs. 2,600/ as offered by the organization.
Minimum Physical Standard:
|Category||Height (Barefoot) (in cm.)||Weight (in kg.)||Chest (in cm)|
|Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)||167||57||78 cms|
|Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes||160||53||76 cms|
Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in:
- Preliminary Written Test
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Final Written Examination
- Verification of Character Antecedents
- Medical Examination
Preliminary Written Test
Candidates first of all have to appear in MCQ based preliminary written test which is qualifying in nature. There would be 100 Objective Type Questions having multiple choice (four choices) of answers carrying equal marks each.
The duration of this test will be 1 hour. There will be NEGATIVE marking for each wrong answer. Question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali). Questions of the Preliminary Written Test shall be from the following subjects:-
- General Awareness and General Knowledge : 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) : 30 Marks
- Reasoning : 20 Marks
Physical Measurement Test
The physical standards (height and weight) of the candidates will be tested by using Electronic Machines of those who qualify in the Preliminary Written Test
Physical Efficiency Test
Candidates who will qualify in PMT will be allowed to take part in PET which consists of 1600 (Sixteen hundred) meters run within 06 (six) minutes 30 (thirty) seconds.
Final Written Examination
All the candidates who qualify in the PMT & PET will be called to appear in the Final Written Examination. The Final Written Examination will have 85 Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions (MCQs) carrying equal marks each.
The duration of the examination will be 1 (One) hour. Question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali) except questions on English language. There will be NEGATIVE marking for each wrong answer. Question of the Final Written Examination shall be from the following subjects:-
- General Awareness and General Knowledge – 25 Marks
- English – 25 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) – 20 Marks
- Reasoning and Logical Analysis – 15 Marks
In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested. On the basis of the marks obtained in the Final Written Examination and the Interview, a merit list of the provisionally selected candidates will be prepared by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
Steps to apply for West Bengal Police Recruitment 2018
Candidates who want to fill and submit West Bengal Police Application Form they can follow the below mentioned step by step procedure:
- First and foremost step of candidate is to visit the official website of West Bengal Police Recruitment Board that is policewb.gov.in
- After that navigates the homepage and takes your cursor to Recruitment tab which is available in the left side of the homepage
- Now on reaching new page search for the suitable post link you wish to apply for
- Then hit on “Recruitment to the Post of Constables in West Bengal Police – 2018 OR Recruitment to the Post of Sub-Inspector / Lady Sub-Inspector in West Bengal Police – 2018” link
- After that a new page will get opened on your screen, just ensure your eligibility from West Bengal Police Recruitment Advertisement
- Now if you satisfy eligibility norms then go back to previous page and hit apply online link
- After that fill the required details in online application form
- Also upload scanned copy of your recent passport size photograph, signatures and other documents
- Then make payment of application fee through proper channel
- At last hit final submit tab and take hard copy of it for further usage.
- Last date to send applications for West Bengal Police Constable Recruitment: 30.04.2018
- Last date to send applications for West Bengal Police Lady SI Recruitment: 05.05.2018
Candidates can go through this Official Link to grab rest details of West Bengal Police Recruitment 2018.