Current Affairs May 18 2017
1. The 2017 bilateral maritime exercise “SIMBEX-17” has started between India and which country?
A South Africa
C South Korea
D Sri Lanka
2. Which of the following has been adjudged as the cleanest railway station in category A1, as per recently released report by the Ministry of Railways?
C Jammu Tawi
D Anand ViharTerminal
3. Which Indian wildlife activist has won the 2017 Whitley Awards?
A Shahriar Kabir
B Naresh Kadyan
C Sanjay Gubbi
D Aruna Sabhane
4. Which Indian-American student has won the 2017 National Geographic Bee contest?
A Veda Bhattaram
B George Sudarshan
C Pranay Varada
D Jayant Narlikar
5. Which Indian-American student has won the 2017 National Geographic Bee contest?
A Jayant Narlikar
B George Sudarshan
C Veda Bhattaram
D Pranay Varada
6. What is the theme of 2017 World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD)?
A Promote digital education for social welfare
B Big data for big impact
C Reduce digital divide
D Entrepreneurship for social impact
7. India and this country signs an agreement of legal framework for sharing of information and intelligence between the Customs authorities.
8. Proxima B is orbiting about _____ light years from Earth to have liquid water and support alien life.
9. Which railway station tops in the cleanest station among the 75 busiest stations in India?
C.Vishakhapatnam, Andra Pradesh
10. Kotak Mahindra Bank has enabled end to end trade financing for one of its clients by utilising which of the given technology?
11. For which, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved recently?
C.Coal Linkage policy
D.Nuclear Heavy vehicles
12. Which city will host the 14th Goods & Services Tax (GST) Council?
13. Which mobile network signed the agreements with Facebook and MobiKwik to popularise the internet?
14. What is the name of the Indian climber who successfully climbs Mt Lhotse at first?
C.H. P. S. Ahluwalia
15. Which charter is an attempt to bring accountability and transparency in EPFO functioning?
A. Pension Fund Charter 2017
B. Citizens Charter 2017
C. EPFO Charter 2017
D. None of the above